Re: php4 parameter problems

Hello,
I use the php4 debian package from woody.
But in this case, I can't  print the value of $test_par, which should be
"aaa"

If I get php4 source tarball and compile myself, the function is working.
I wonder why the php4 shipped from woody can't work.

BTW, I have register_globals = On in php.ini, and
$HTTP_GET_VARS["test_par"] is also a blank. :-(

My headache is that some of my codes were ok in this case when they are
in php4.0.x on FreeBSD, when I migrated to php 4.1 on Debian, they do
not work. And I really do not want to compile php4 myself. So I wonder
if debian php4 maintainer has some special concerns, such as security
issue, so he disable this function.

Idea?