Re: central repository of changelogs for debian packages?

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, DvB wrote:
> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> writes:
> > Yes, you can subscribe yourself to one of the -changes list in
> > lists.debian.org.
>
> Which one should I  subscribe to for testing/i386? I see
> "debian-all-changes", "debian-changes", "debian-i386-changes"...

The one for unstable, which is debian-devel-changes. No upload is done to
testing, which means there is NOT a list for testing.  But you can store the
mail you get for unstable, and look through it to find the changelog for
whatever you are going to install into testing.  And anything that shows up
in unstable should move to testing eventually (actually, since part of
testing is frozen right now, this might mean quite a big wait).

apt-listchanges is also an extremely useful tool for tracking packages, as
is the new apt-show-versions (in unstable).

  Henrique Holschuh