Re: Dual Processor machine

>>>>> "Jérôme-Georges-Michel" == Jérôme-Georges-Michel BENOIT <JGMBenoit@wanadoo.fr> writes:

    Jérôme-Georges-Michel> Thanks you very much for your advice.
    >> do you have a real smp kernel installed?

    Jérôme-Georges-Michel> Good question ;-)

    Jérôme-Georges-Michel> I guess that I have installed Debian in the
    Jérôme-Georges-Michel> basic way: 1] how can I check this point ?
    Jérôme-Georges-Michel> 2] may I configure some files ?  3] may I
    Jérôme-Georges-Michel> build a new kernel ?

    Jérôme-Georges-Michel> Thanks, Jerome BENOIT

1) Check the installed kernel via your favorite package manager
   interface (e.g. dselect). If there is no smp in the name, there is
   most probably no smp-support inside ;-)

2) always and a lot of them ...

3) Get the debian smp-kernel or build one yourself. ->

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Kernel-HOWTO.html

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/SMP-HOWTO.html

HTH,

MH