purging swap disk

Is there a way to purge the swap disk?  When I run something like
win4lin, it can sometimes take up a lot of disk swap.  When I close the
program, the swap space still appears to be occupied.  It's mostly an
annoyance, and probably doesn't affect anything.  However, it seems that
perhaps it would be better to remove it from disk swap since the next
time the program runs there may be room for the information in the
faster RAM memory.  Does that make any sense?  Even if it doesn't I
would still be interested to know if there is a way to purge the swap
disk.  It just nags at me to see all that space being used when nothing
is running.  I know, that's probably dumb.

	-Brian

--
Brian J. Stults
Department of Sociology