Re: gpm config difficulties

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 04:38:49AM -0500, cmm37@mccutch.com (cmm37@mccutch.com) wrote:
> > Does /var/log/dmesg indicate the PS/2 mouse port was detected?
> >
> > --
> > Jerome
> >
> As a matter of fact dmesg does not indicate that a PS/2 mouse port was
> detected.  I am not sure why this is, because the box certainly does.
> Alas, I guess I have to start digging around and see if I can find out
> what is wrong.  The only thing I can figure out at this point is that
> the ps2 port is toast, though I could swear I have seen it work at
> some point.  If there are any other ideas, I would be happy to hear
> them, but I may have to find a way to diagnose the hw.  Thank you for
> your help.

Check if you've got mouse support in your kernel.

'cat /proc/interrupts' should show a line like:

     12:     505204          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse

You might also try 'cat /dev/psaux'.  If you get an I/O error or similar
message indicating there's no support for the mouse, you might want to
ensure that you've loaded the appropriate mouse module, or compile a
kernel with ps2 mouse support.

Peace.