Re: Dual Processor machine

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 05:15:14AM +0100, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
| Bonjour:
|
| I have just install the Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 (testing/unstable)
| on a dual processor machine
| --I installed Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 on my laptop a few months ago.
| To have a nice login I have installed the `linuxlogo' package:
| according to the printed message, only one processor is identified.
|
| How can we check that the two processor are detected ?

already answered.

| Futhermore, I have created a swap file four times greater
| than the RAM of the machine (1Gb):
| my actual swap (checked with free) is half of my request (2Gb).

2GB isn't half of 1GB.  In any case I would expect that the useable
swap space is less than the partition size you allocated due to book
keeping overhead.  On my machine, cfdisk shows 255.47 MB.  'free -m'
shows a total of 243MB.  The overhead should not be very significant
(ie half).  On my system I have about 5% overhead.

-D

--

the nice thing about windoze is - it does not just crash,
it displays a dialog box and lets you press 'ok' first.