Re: /usr/bin/studio in two packages kdestudio and linuxvideostudio

Zakend - thanks for pointing this out.

> I try to install linuxvideostudio. Dpkg had signaled an error which was a
> consequence of existency of two files /usr/bin/studio. One from kdestudio
> package and second from linuxvideostudio. For me this look like a bug which
> have to be deal by maintainers of the packages.

Hmm.  I realise this is kind of graceless but I'm going to request that
linuxvideostudio change its filenames. :)  The reasons being:

1. linuxvideostudio has only /usr/bin/studio and the corresponding
studio.1.gz whereas kdestudio has a whole lot of files whose names have
"studio" as their base;

2. linuxvideostudio is in contrib/ and kdestudio is in main/.

How does this sound?

Ben.

--

Ben Burton
benb@acm.org  |  bab@debian.org

My songs are like friends. I have a special relationship with my
songs and some of them I always want to have around me. I want to hold
on to them. Others are not always so close to me. They're still friends,
but I don't need to have them around all the time. But they're still my
friends. They're still close to me; they're still my creatures but they
need to go on holiday sometimes.
	- Tori Amos