Re: XFree86: Fatal Server error

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 12:30:28PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> Some font package -- and no one has yet been able to figure out which
> one -- is apparently managing to clobber the
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/fonts.alias file.

The xawtv package drops three fonts into /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc and
runs mkfontdir in its postinst... could that have anything to do with it?

I don't see it running update-fonts-alias anywhere, though.

I used to see an error every time xawtv would upgrade complaining in some
way about a font issue... but I admit I never followed it up.

--
Marc Wilson
mwilson@moonkingdom.net