Re: Logwatch anyone using it on Debian?

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 12:56:41PM +0100, Josef Oswald wrote:
> I used # perl logwatch.pl but prints a error:
> sh /bin/mail file not found,  could it be this because Debian uses
> postfix to fetch and send mail....

No, it's because Debian policy states that only binaries which are
essential to the system's operation belong in /bin.  So, where is it?

$ which mail
/usr/bin/mail

Or, alternately, you could just not worry about logwatch.pl and
install the logcheck package instead.  I've never used logwatch, but
I'm quite pleased with logcheck.

(And, as a side note, Debian's default MTA is exim, not postfix.)

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss