dependency messup on potato after sshd2 install

Hello to all!

my system is actually running fine, but the security-updating wont work
as convenient as usual, since I installed the sshd2-package _and_
ignoring the xlibs dependency (I havent got X installed on the machine,
so I thought it might be unnecessary to follow the whole path through the dependency-jungle)...

now everytime I just want to do
apt-get update;
apt-get upgrade _or_ launch aptitude (to browse through the suggested
changes), I get

1)

host:~# apt-get upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
  libgtk1.2: Depends: gconv-modules
  ssh2: Depends: xlibs (> 4.1.0) but it is not installable
E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

and

host:~# apt-get -f upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libgtk1.2 rep-gtk ssh2 vim-perl
  The following held packages will be changed:
    ssh2 vim-perl
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 4 to remove and 0 not
upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 6095kB will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

-well of course I DO want to keep ssh2, since it works absolutely fine

2)

after a GO in aptitude, download works fine, but then a complaint
croaks:
Unrecoverable missing packages.  Press any key to continue...

NOW:
what do I do, and how do I tell the package-manager tools to leave these
dependencies just alone?

thanx,
Gerald.