Re: Odd LILO message

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 08:28:34PM -0600, shock wrote:
| when i run /sbin/lilo, i get the following message:
|
| Warning: Int 0x13 function 8 and function 0x48 return different
| head/sector geometries for BIOS drive 0x80
|
| anybody know what this means?  should i be concerned about it?

I know that Int 13 is a name for the LBA (Linear Block Addressing)
method of accessing a disk.  The old style was CHS (Cylinder Head
Sector) and was limited to 8 GB I think (due to integer sizes).
Perhaps function 0x48 is CHS?  I'd keep a backup floppy handy just in
case.

-D

--

Better a little with righteousness