Re: syslog-ng

Hi and thanks for the response,

i think i was somewhat sloppy with my question - sorry about that

> > since i upgraded syslog-ng (in testing)
> > the following message gets logged to the active console
> > whenever the netcard module is load/unloaded:
> >
> > PCI: Found IRQ 10 for device 00:0b.0
> > PCI: Sharing IRQ 10 with 00:0a.0
> > PCI: Sharing IRQ 10 with 00:0b.1
> > 3c59x: Donald Becker and others. www.scyld.com/network/vortex.html
> > 00:0b.0: 3Com PCI 3c556 Laptop Tornado at 0x1000. Vers LK1.1.16
>
> The cards could close to each other in the bus.  You may be light on
> IRQ's (too
> many cards in the machine perhaps).  Some motherboards do not work if
> every
> slot is full.

The machine is a laptop /HP OB 6000/ so i can not do much about hardware
issues
and also it works OK.

What i wanted to ask is why does this message appears on the active
console now?
Before the upgrade of syslog-ng this was not the case and i can't find
any reason/change in the config file that can explan this.
This is a kernel message and is not - i believe - an "emerency" level
message
so it should simply end up in kern.log (and syslog) but not on the
console.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks,

imre