invisible information in dselect

Something that I have noticed in my time using dselect is that in the main
package listing, there are some lines that only have partial information on
them. This is when it is set to verbose. The information that seems to be
invisible is found on the dividing line, but does anyone know why I get
lines like:

      stalled  hold        hold
       talled  install     install

when the dividing line has:
not installed ;  hold (was: hold)
not installed ;  install (was: install)

This only happens when the package is not installed, but these are mild
examples. The segment of invisibility continues into the package name at
times. Any ideas?

Seneca
seneca@slemish.com