Re: suppressing "TERM: Undefined variable" in csh

* dman (dsh8290@rit.edu) spake thusly:

> The Solaris boxes at school default to /bin/csh as the shell, and this
> can't be changed.  In my .cshrc I have lines like
>
> if ( "$TERM" == "linux" ) then
>     setenv TERM vt100
>     exec bash
> endif
>
> if ( "$TERM" == "PuTTY" ) then
>     setenv TERM xterm
>     exec bash
> endif
>
> (yeah, they have crappy termcap/terminfo dbs too, no such thing as
> "linux" or anything with color)
>
> This works great, except when I use scp or invoke formail from
> .procmailrc I get the message "TERM: Undefined variable".  I'd rather
> not get this.  I know that POSIX shells don't whine like that, but how
> can I make csh stop?

I can't answer your question, but you could try telling their
sysadmin that other Solaris sysadmins do
"scp linuxbox:/tmp/linux.tic /tmp && cd /tmp && tic linux.tic".
Works wonders.

Dima
--
One distinguishing characteristic of BOFHen is attention deficit disorder.
Put me in front of something boring and I can find a near-infinite number