Re: nvidia drivers & kernel 2.4.14

If you don't want fast 3d the nv module in X 4.0 will suit you fine....

I would suggest that you try the nvidia drivers though...from
www.nvidia.com or apt-get nvidia-kernel-src nvidia-glx-src from unstable
Once compiled and installed I get 3d perfromance on par with windows

My problem (discussed below) was that I was using gcc-3.0 when compiling
nvidia's drivers..when my kernel was compilied with 2.95  if you use the
same compiler for both you should be good...  Nvidia told me that newer
versions of the driver will detect this so people won't go through what
I went through..

As to X 4.0... I don't know if they work with X4.0 might have to upgrade
to 4.1 ...

Kyle