Re: Netscape 6.2

On Sat, Dec 08, 2001 at 12:34:25AM -0500, Alec wrote:
> Is Netscape 6.2 any good? Is it worth installing? Any reason to prefer it to
> Netscape 4.77? How is it different from Mozilla?

I haven't used Netscape in months. I find mozilla far more stable and
capable. Major downside is that it does seem to suck more ram and cpu
then netscape.

Netscape 6.2 is based off a slightly older release of mozilla and has
propriatery bits added (aswell as extra bugfixes for that version and so
on). I've found no real reason to choose Netscape 6.x (x>=1) over
Mozilla... except maybe the Toyfactory theme (which last I tried it did
not work due to the changes in the API involved).

If you already have java, realplayer, acrobat reader or flash installed
then mozilla might be the better bet for you due to the smaller
download.

--
CaT        - A high level of technology does not a civilisation make.