Re: UPS software

Mark

a quick correction on the price of hteCyberposer UPS I
mentioned in an earlier message I paid about $190, considerably less
than I said.Sorry.

David

On Fri, 7 Dec 2001 mdevin@ozemail.com.au wrote:

> I am looking at purchasing a UPS and trying to decide between APC and
> Best (Invensys).  Best apparently used to release their source code for
> their unix driver - which is a big plus.  But this is no longer the
> case.  Best provides binary versions of drivers for linux which is good.
> Apparently APC doesn't provide drivers for linux - but there are reverse
> engineered ones (with source code).
>
> So basically I am after some advice regarding the experiences of others.
> I will probably get a 750VA unit for my home server and would prefer to
> have access to source code even if the program is not as "flash".
>
> Any recommendations / experiences welcome.
>
> Regards.
> Mark.

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                 (I hope this is all of the above.)