Re: Something more user friendly than XMMS?

On Saturday 08 December 2001 01:41, Preben Randhol wrote:
> XMMS is a great program, but it is interface is hopelessly bad when
> it comes to user friendlyness for people that are not used to
> computers. i use it. But I need a program for my father and sister
> who have just started to use computers and Linux.
>
> Are there other programs out there with higher userfriendlyness. I
> looked at freeamp, but it is unstable and crashes so sth else would
> be nice.

What's bad about the XMMS interface? I see the standard cassette player
controls. The way I see it, your first problem should be getting a good
desktop environment. If your father and sister can live with any
existing Linux desktop or window manager (KDE, GNOME, Blackbox, IceWM,
etc) they can survive XMMS.

Anyway, you can try loading an XMMS skin. The Debian package,
unfortunately, doesn't include any. You have to download them:

http://xmms.org/skins.html

--
Sir Isaac Newton:
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."