Re: DOSEMU with DOS on a 2nd hard drive

On 06 Dec 2001, Gary Hinton wrote:
> I have RH 6.2 loaded on my main hard drive.  It boots up and is running fine.
>
> The 2nd hard drive has MSDOS 6.22.  While running in the Linux kernel,
> I need to run a program on the DOS drive.  I have loaded DOSEMU and it is
> running.
>
> But how do I access the DOS drive?  It is mounted for Linux.  But I do not
> know how to get dosemu to see it.  I tried 'disk { wholedisk /dev/hdb readonly }'.
> But that made dosemu not run.
>
> What is the best way to do this?
>
> Gary

I do it by mounting the DOS partition directly: in /etc/dosemu/conf I
have:
	$_hdimage = "/dev/hda1"

Though dosemu has to be run as root for this to work.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux GNU/Debian (Windows-free zone)
For an electronic book (The Assassins of Alamut), skeptical

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our
obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come
from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. [Carl Sagan]