Re: A few more questions

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 06:37:56PM -0700, robinder bains wrote:

|  I'm using debian woody...
|
|  1. How do I get sound to work in gnome? I have AC'97 sound chip and I
| get an error when I try to play mp3's in XMMS

What's the error?

|  2. How do I stop gpm from loading at start up? When I kill gpm my mouse
| works fine in X Window System.

Edit /etc/X11/XF86Config and tell it to use /dev/gpmdata instead of
/dev/psaux (or whatever).  Be sure that /etc/gpm.conf specifies "raw"
for repeat type and that both programs are set to use the same
protocol (ex imps2 for gpm and IMPS/2 for X).

|  3. How do I make evolution my default email program in gnome?

Run evolution instead of mutt when you want to read/send mail?  I'm
not sure what you mean by this question.

-D

--

Python is executable pseudocode. Perl is executable line noise.