Re: Character-mode clock

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001 nemo@cheeky.house.cx wrote:

> Sounds like what you want is `vcstime`
> ...it's part of console-tools, so I'd be betting it's on your system already.
> Check in /etc/console-tools/config for the option to turn it on on system
> boot.

I think vcstime only runs in the console, not in a terminal like an xterm.
I need to see the clock when remotely logged in.

> If you want a copy of my `timescreen` script, let me know and I'll clean
> it up a bit and get a release out ;)

Depends on what it does.  If it can display the time while I'm logged in
remotely and using the terminal (doesn't take over the terminal completely
like 'watch -n1 time'), then OK.  Otherwise just running 'watch -n1 time'
does the job for me.

Thanks,

George Karaolides       8, Costakis Pantelides St.,
tel:   +35 79 68 08 86                   Strovolos,
email: george@karaolides.com       Nicosia CY 2057,
web:   www.karaolides.com      Republic  of Cyprus