Re: Galeon and java (was: Re: Anyone successful with Sun's Java 1.3.1_01?)

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 08:27:43AM -0800, Bill Wohler wrote:
|   I think Scott was asking about the Java plugin for Galeon that runs
|   application/x-java-vm types.

Yes, and this plugin is part of the 'j2sdk1.3' package available from
the given URL of a blackdown mirror.

If you're not sure galeon (or mozilla) has the plugin, goto the page
"about:plugins" and it will tell you all about the plugins it found.

$ dpkg -L j2sdk1.3 | grep mozilla
/usr/lib/j2re1.3/plugin/i386/mozilla
/usr/lib/j2re1.3/plugin/i386/mozilla/javaplugin_oji.so
/usr/lib/mozilla
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
/usr/lib/mozilla-0.9.1
/usr/lib/mozilla-0.9.1/plugins
/usr/lib/mozilla-0.9.2
/usr/lib/mozilla-0.9.2/plugins
/usr/lib/mozilla-cvs
/usr/lib/mozilla-cvs/plugins

You do realize that you need more than just the plugin, right?  All
the plugin does is connect the browser with the JVM.  It isn't a JVM.

-D

--

"Don't use C;  In my opinion,  C is a library programming language
 not an app programming language."  - Owen Taylor (GTK+ developer)