Re: info is broken for me

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 12:43:02AM -0800, Brian Nelson wrote:
> Replying above quoted material is bad, mmmkay?

my bad. :)

> nemo@cheeky.house.cx writes:
>
> > I never use info - it's an abomination to use - but pinfo is great and I've
> > never had a problem with it. (bonus: it defaults to the manpage if the info
> > page doesn't exist, and hyperlinks it as much as possible :)
>
> Hm?  An abomination to use?  Maybe if you think emacs is an
> abomination to use as well...

emacs has it's place, and it's keystroke design makes sense, *for an editor*.
...but info maintains keystroke compatibility with emacs... it's great for
consistency, from one point of view (ie, someone who knows emacs) ... but
looking at it from the point of view of a hypertext browser, it's a very poor
UI. I don't use w3m for the same reason. (links or lynx thankyouverymuch :)

> Btw, info has the same bonus.

groovy to know :)

.../Nemo