Re: DVD player

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 09:03:26PM +0100, Christian Schoenebeck wrote:

> Can you also give me some hint which programs I can use for ripping DVDs
> or can you point me some docs on the web to get more information about
> that?

mplayer (http://www.mplayerhq.hu) plays DVDs (needs libdvdread, and
libdvdcss from videolan) and damn near anything else, if you've got
the libs. On my box, it's not as good / fast as vlc (and I may have
to try ogle again given others' responses). And it only sort of has
a GUI. (It looks pretty, you can open a file and hit play / seek. :)
However, they've just added an encoder to it, which seems to work
well. Right now it's just DivX4, but that's what you probably wanted
anyway. :)  Eventually it'll have more feechurz; it seems to be in
fairly heavy development.

HTH,
Mike McGuire