Re: Executable link rejected due to loaction or path

On Sunday, December 02, 2001 1:37 PM, stanb@awod.com

> Second how can I set up Apache to allow use
> of this this script & the data files for it?

Debian puts cgi programs into /usr/lib/cgi-bin.
Whatever goes in there becomes part of the
server namespace as /cgi-bin/pick_cgi (if
pick_cgi is the name of your program) and
will be executed as a CGI program rather
than served as a file when it is requested.

Rather than use the Debian directory, however,
you might consider a local directory for your
own programs.  So make a place for your
programs, such as /usr/local/lib/cgi-bin, and
modify the Apache srm.conf  file to add the
new directory as a ScriptAlias.  There are
also options to make CGI available to user
URLs (~user) if that is more appropriate
to your setup.

In any case, read the Apache docs.  A
badly designed/configured executable in
in a public place can burn your house down.

  -=greg