Re: Where is /usr/include/gtk?

On Mon, 2001-12-03 at 10:41, Anthony Campbell wrote:
> I'm trying to compile Jonathan Buzzards toshutils packages. This demands
> gtk.h, which used to be in /usr/include/gtk. I thought this would be
> supplied by installing libgtk1, but seemngly not.
> Does anyone know where  these gtk files come from?

1) As you are trying to build a package you'll need the -dev package too

2) /usr/include/gtk is the old location for the header. It is now in
/usr/include/gtk-1.2/gtk so that GTK1 and GTK2 can co-exist.  However,
no Makefile should assume that and should be using the gtk-config script
to obtain the correct paths at build time.  It looks like you'll need to
manually edit the makefile.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                               mail: ross.burton@mail.com