Re: large mailing lists with <b>mailman</b>

<quote who="Karsten M. Self">

> Check your mailman and MTA (exim?) settings.
>
> In particular, you want to look at the batchsize and queue-run
> options. Could your system be configured only to run queue every 12
> hours (this isn't the default, and seems an odd value to set things
> to).  What happens if you do a 'mailq' (as root) while messages are
> queued up?  Are they queued in Mailman or in the exim queue?

i'll check it .. since mails are going out to the *list* before
they are comming to me for notification of subscription ..thats
just weird. checking the mail queues shows nothing related to
mailman. and i did get another 450 messages or so last night.
i'll check through crontab and see if theres a setting that
handles that ..

i do see 258 cronjobs running with mailman stuff though.
typical process load on the system is ~100 processes now
there are 434 processes(load is 0.00)

nate