Re: Please Help: PPP in Debian

Le -12.02.2001 17:37:44-, « Ben Hill (ben@javacoder.net) »
a écrit quelques phrases célèbres sur « Please Help: PPP in Debian »

BH> I am building a 2.4.14 kernel to use PPP (pppd) and have selected the PPP
BH> options as modules. This is due to me installing the drivers and software
BH> for my Alcatel USB modem. I seem to have got the USB hotplugging and syncing
BH> of the modem working ok. I am now having problems with pppd as I have
BH> upgraded to a PPPoA aware ppp version. This is on a shiny new Debian 2.2
BH> install with only the Alcatel stuff and a new kernel on.
BH>
BH> My "make xconfig" options for PPP are:-
BH>
BH> PPP (point-to-point protocol) support [m]
BH>    PPP multilink support (EXPRIMENTAL) [n]
BH>    PPP filtering [disabled]
BH>    PPP support for aync serial ports [m]
BH>    PPP support for sync tty ports [n]
BH>    PPP Deflate compression [m]
BH>    PPP BSD-Compress compression [m]
BH>    PPP over Ethernet (EXPERIMENTAL) [n]
BH>    PPP over ATM (EXPERIMENTAL) [m]

If the machine is about to be connected oftenly, it's a waste of time and
diskspace to compile them as modules. Compile them as built-in the kernel.
My internet machine have them compiled built-in and never had any problem.

I have all of the PPP options though.. I use PPPoE and sync tty support is
mandatory for PPPoE (I don't know if it's needed for PPPoA).

Try to compile them as built-in.

Greetings,
--
              _