Re: Swiss Keyboard

Hi,

> I have an IBM ThinkPad 600 with Swiss keyboard. My Xfree-4 Config says:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
>         Driver          "keyboard"
>         Option          "CoreKeyboard"
>         Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
>         Option          "XkbModel"      "pc104"
>         Option          "XkbLayout"     "de_ch"
>         Option          "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"
> EndSection

It's "de_CH", uppercase!

> but I do not get the ones from the first row which require the alt key: |@#

It's not really the Alt key that produces those characters, but the
Mode_switch key. Anyway, possibly because of the mistake above the
Mode_switch key isn't set properly, what do you get with 'xmodmap -pm' ?

> I am also missing all "french" keys.

I suppose you mean àéè when you do shift+ö etc? Again, correcting the
uppercase problem in XF86Config-4 should fix the problem.

Good luck.

Erik