Re: sysvinit ? caused this

> i did an apt-get upgrade and wound up with a new
> sysvinit
> sysvinit       2.84-1
> now when i boot i get the errror:
> /et/init.d/rc 2: :command not found
>
> and then a login with nothing running but basic system
> daemons (at least ihave those!)...
> i can start everything manuall in rc2.d with
> "#S20command start"
>
> anyone know what gives?

Can it be that for some reason your /etc/inittab file is bad?

[03:33:42 tmp]$ grep '/etc/init.d/rc 2' /etc/inittab
l2:2:wait:/etc/init.d/rc 2
[03:34:44 tmp]$

Note that it is etc and not et.

[03:36:33 tmp]$ grep-status -s version -PX sysvinit
version: 2.84-1
[03:37:07 tmp]$

And I haven't rebooted the machine after upgrading.

--

    Shaul Karl
    email: shaulka (replace these parenthesis with @) bezeqint,