news reader with proxy support

I have an account at school were I have access to lots of nice online
database that I could never afford to pay for out of my own pocket.

So I've set up a tinyproxy at that account, ssh portforward localhost:2000 to
that proxy and then set localhost:2000 as a proxy in my webbrowser. This way
I can get to all those nice online databases from home.

The school also runs a very comprehensive newsserver.  So now I'm looking for
a news reader that will let my supply a proxyserver. I've look at Netscape,
Mozilla, Knode and none of them have it. Of course I could run a newsreader
at the school account and forword X to my display, but that's so slow.

op

--
Courage is your greatest present need.