2.2r3-to-2.2r4 upgrade problem

I just did an upgrade to 2.2r4 (from 2.2r3).  It
seemed to go well, except for one problem.  One of
the packages upgraded was groff (it's been on the
security list for a good while).

After the upgrade, I tried a groff job, with
the -l option, which is supposed to send the
output to the printer.  Instead, it sent the
output to stdout.

I discovered that the upgrade had written a new
/usr/share/groff/font/devps/DESC file.  This
new file was identical to the old (2.2r3) one,
except that the last line was omitted:

	printer lpr

That is apparently what
tells groff how to send the output to the
printer.  Restoring that line fixed the problem.

But why was that line omitted?  This seems like
the kind of thing that's not supposed to happen...
breaking things that were working fine.  It's
the reason I was hesitant to do the upgrade.

	Mike Fontenot
	mlfasf@home.com