Re: DNS

Oki DZ wrote:

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Tom Allison wrote:

So, the dumb question is this: Is there some naming convention of files that I have to pay attention to?

I think the convention is that the db. files you want to use have to be
defined in /etc/bind/named.conf.

Probably -- I don't recall ever seeing db. on any of my previous bind configurations. I was using Slackware with a source code installation of bind 8.

They have to be in the /etc/bind. Well, that would depend on your
named.conf.

You can grep named /var/log/syslog right after starting bind; and see what
happens.

Oki

I think the problem is that I didn't have db. files in slackware's installation of bind 8. Is this a new convention from the bind application or something that was introduced in Debian? It helps to know if this is something I should do on other machines as well.