Re: Gnome panel lettering replaced by rectangles.

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 21:25:40 +1100, Adam Bogacki wrote:
>after almost a year of use I find that the fonts on my Gnome panels and
>sub-menus has been replaced by rectangles made of dots.

Yes. See http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2001/23/ or search for
"rectangle, square" in the archives for debian-user at
http://lists.debian.org/search.html .

> ... and knows how to fix it ?

There are various fixes, including
- Restarting font servers
- Upgrading to an XFree 86 version 4 X server and font server
- Reordering the FontPath settings in XF86Config
- Switching to a Gtk theme that explicitly specifies the use of 1-byte fonts

HTH,
Ray
--
FUD for dummies by example in 21 days Lesson 3: use braindead analogies.
"Open source raises various security issues. How many banks will tell you