Re: update-rc.d

On 30-Nov-2001 Oki DZ wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We can have update-rc.d -f <daemon-name> remove to remove the daemon from
> the init script. Why can't we have update-rc.d -l <daemon-name> to list
> the init levels in which the daemon will be started.

because debian by default does not mess with run levels.  Either we are in
single user, rebooting, or something else.  So basically we all live in run
level 2 (or is it 3).

That said, add the code to update-rc.d and send the patch to the maint.  Good
chance it will get in.  Though I would mail them first, than write the code.