Re: Mail - just tried again ....

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 05:51:46PM -0400, cmasters wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Just reconfigured fetchmail and yet again, mail retrieved according to the
> attached log, yet no-where to be found on my system. Not in the folder as
> directed by procmail ('in-testing') my spool folder, or my regualr incoming
> folder that gets ~all~ mail when using getmail. All these folders are
> correct, active, and able to receive mail, yet fetchmail continues to ignore
> the instructions to use procmail as my MDA.

It sure is strange.
How are you calling fetchmail?
Could you add -v -v (yes -v twice) to its incantation? This should give
us a lot more info it its logfile

> poll <pop.ISP> with proto POP3 and options no dns
>        user <remote-uname> there with password <pword> is <local-uname> here options stripcr warnings 3600

Really, I would add the option keep here!
and I still fear that there are spaces or other `invalid' chars in the parts
not shown (remote-user/pword and local-uname), but the -v will tell.

> fetchmail: POP3< +OK Top 99999999 lines of message 1
> reading message 1 of 8 (64156 octets)
>  flushed
> fetchmail: POP3> DELE 1

arch, mail gone.  Really use option "keep".

> fetchmail: normal termination, status 0
> Done.

So fetchmail thinks all'swell, hum.
[ silly idea, did you try the full path, so mda=/usr/bin/procmail ?
  silly thought as fetchmail would have barked if he couldn't find procmail
]

--
groetjes, carel