Re: How to change logcheck.sh reporting?

Preben Randhol said:
> I'm trying to remove some annoying fetchmail lines from the
> logcheck.sh reporting as they are not error messages and they
> overflow my report.
>
> I tried to add different things to stop the problem even:
>
> fetchmail\[.*\].*
> won't shut it up.

try
fetchmail.*

i usually only use .* since im not good at regular expressions
some of the new logcheck ignore rules i added last night:
vpnd.*peer link failed.*105.*
vpnd.*listening with address 10.121.110.35.*
vtund.*UDP connection initialized.*
vtund.*LZO compression.*level 9.* initialized
vtund.*BlowFish encryption initialized
vtund.*Connection closed by other side

seems to work for me just fine ...be sure your adding
them in the right file, either logcheck.ignore or
logcheck.violations.ignore .. loghceck.ignore is what
is ignored for 'unusual events' and the other is for
'security violations'

nate