Re: qmail-src

    Tom> I tried to do the qmail install.  did the build-qmail thing
    Tom> and then tried to install the .deb package.

    Tom> didn't work.

    Tom> qmail conflicts with mail-transport-agent exim provides
    Tom> mail-transport-agent and is installed ....  do I tried:
    Tom> apt-get remove exim and it wanted to remove anacron exim at
    Tom> logrotate mailx mutt squid

    Tom> So, how do I Purge exim and Install qmail without getting all
    Tom> these files screwed up?

Have a look at dpkg --force-help .

(dpkg --force-conflicts -i  qmail... should be your friend ... and then
remove/purge exim)

Iirc, I had to force things to install qmail on my box, too.

(And, be careful not to lose mail due to the mailserver change, qmail
accomplishes some tasks in another way then sendmail-like MTAs)

HTH,

MH
--
(Dr.) Michael Hummel