Re: Computer won't power off

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, jennyw wrote:
> After upgrading to Woody I noticed that the computer doesn't power
> down when I issue the "poweroff" command. Is this the way it's
> supposed to be in Woody?

Unless you upgraded your kernel to the stock kernels, you'll not
encounter this problem. More probably you upgraded your kernel too.

If this is the case, use modconf to add the apm module to /etc/modules
so it would load at startup up to shutdown. Alternatively, you can
compile your own kernel with apm hard-compiled or as a module (then
edit your /etc/modules via modconf or any text editior).

Paolo Falcone

www.edsamail.com