Re: ssh2 client for debian 2.2r4?

Patrick Hsieh said:
> Hello list,
>
> Since the ssh package for Debian 2.2r4 is 1.2.3-9.3, is there ssh2
> client for debian? I'd like to connect to other servers with ssh2
> daemon.
>
> idea?

a few ...

- enable SSH v1 on the SSH2 servers(it is usually by default on)
- try to compile openssl/openssh from woody on potato(IMO it is
messy at best but it should work)
- compile openssh and install to /usr/local/openssh (what i do)

i prefer having apps in their own directory so i can just rm -rf
them when i want to remove them instead of hunting them down in 10
different places.

nate