Re: upgrading unstable -- 44 packages held back?

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 11:25:47AM -0800, Kurt Lieber wrote:
> So, I'm assuming this is expected behavior, but can anyone explain how the
> determination is made to hold back certain packages?  If it's not the hold
> flag, what else does it look for?

apt-get upgrade will refuse to add any new packages or delete any
existing ones.  If packages have been split or become obsolete (or
depend on any split/obsolete packages), it won't touch them.

> Also, how do I upgrade those packages?

apt-get dist-upgrade

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Tom Swiss