Re: trouble using Staroffice 6

Marsha Petry wrote:

<snip re: probs with SO6; sorry, can't help>

Using KDE; using unstable on an IBM Thinkpad T20 (been using Debian for about a
month only, sorry).  Everything else seems to work pretty good, though I have
some minor problems with other apps (On some applications - like Mozilla - menu
fonts are huge).  Am I missing a critcical piece of the X server perhaps?

Two things I'd do to gather more clues:

1) Use a simpler X environment, such as no ICEWM or XFCE or TWM instead of KDE/Gnome, just long enough to see if the problem goes away or not.

2) Make sure you've got xfonts-75dpi, xfonts-100dpi, xfonts-base, and xfonts-.scalable installed. In my experience these seem to pretty much be the base set of fonts needed.

Other possible culprits might be the order in which the fonts are loading (/etc/X11/XF86Config[-4]), issues with xfs and/or xfstt (font server and truetype font server), weird settings in your Moz prefs (exit Moz and then rename your .mozilla directory to see if that affects anything). Of course, this list is not exhaustive, but it's where I'd start.

Kent