Re: System Time Problems.

Lo, on Tuesday, November 27, Bulent Murtezaoglu did write:

> [...]
>     JCR> Use something like: hwclock --systohc --utc
>
> Yes this would set the hw clock to UTC.  I think the OP was asking for
> how to notify the system that that is not the case.  The place to do
> that is in /etc/default/rcS I believe.
>
> But anyway, why not have the battery backed clock set to UTC?

The machine may be set up to dual-boot into Windows.  I know that Win95
can't handle the hardware clock and localtime being in different
timezones.  (Me, I spend most of my time in Linux, so I set the hardware
clock to UTC and just subtract 5 or 6 hours when I'm in Windows,
depending on the time of year.  This may not be an acceptable solution
for everyone, though.)

Richard