Re: Framebuffer VGA settings

Hi Jan,

Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:

[...]
I never found settings to alter the refresh rate. Isn't it possible
with vesafb?
[...]

Mh, goog question, i never thought 'bout that. Cos using a laptop, i do not have to care about this... I forgot to wrote that i have forgotten the source where i found this table with vga modes. Maybe this source also contained refresh rate ino. Today i compiled a 2.4.16 and did not see an option where to do this. But here a link where you may find out more (maybe this was the site where i found the settings?):

www.directfb.org

These guys create a gui framework without using x but framebuffer. They already got gtk+ working and have some xlibs ports that will allow other apps to work w/o X in the future. May you can post anemail to these people, they should know an answer. If you got info, please post here as a new thread, would be nice,

Gruss,

Timo