WordPerfect 8 starts to load, then dies.

I thought that I had seen some posts about WP (which I did not read at
the time) but I can't find anything in the archives.  If this has been
covered already, just point me in the right direction, please.

I am running Woody any use the free download version of WordPerfect 8.
It has worked fine until I tried to load it yesterday.  The splash
screen displays, followed by the main window in the corner, but the
document window never appears.  Everything just silently goes away.

If I try to load the program from the command line it terminates with a
segfault.

Any clues on this?  I don't have any other programs that read the WP
format, so I really need to get this working again.

--
Marc Shapiro                         "If you drink melomel every day,
m_shapiro@bigfoot.com                you will live to be 150 years old,