pppd Doing Nothing!

Hi,

I have managed to get ppp compiled and installed with the kernel
modules, however, when I run pppd nothing happens! I have got it
installed (so I think) and there is nothing being written to /var/log/messages.

Firstly I build and compiled the kernel with ppp support and booted
it. I then set up PPP from the tarball, then:

/configure
make
make install

I have then done a:

mknod /dev/ppp c 180 0

I have also edited my /etc/ppp/options file and edited my /etc/ppp/chap-
secrets and /etc/ppp/pap-secrets

Any help would be great! I have been on with this for days!! :-(

Cheers,

Ben

---

b e n @ j a v a c o d e r . n e t   -   w w w . j a v a c o d e r