Problem with Samba and CUPS printing on a printer connected to a Windows pc

Hello!

I'm trying to get CUPS printing on my printer which is connected on a Windows pc which i can reach over my LAN.
I've set up CUPS and SAMBA as described in the CUPS manual.
No, using the lp command of CUPS i get an entry in my logs, that job xy is queued on the printer, but nothing further happens.
I then tried to get the printer running with a PPD file for this printer. Nothing changed.
Yesterday i tried to print via the smbclient command. And it works. No idea why, but it does.
Ok, i though, now try to use the smbspool command which CUPS also uses as backend for SMB printing.
Running this command with the proper syntax don't work for me. Nothing happens at all.
I checked whether some data is transferred to the Windows host with tcpdump. Data is sended to the host.
But there, no messages appear, no file appears in the spooling directory.
So, i don't know any answer why printing doesn't work.
Perhaps anyone of you has some idea what's wrong here or what i've missed to configure.
Thanks for your help!

Greetings,
Matthias