Re: deny email to a user question

* Christopher S. Swingley <cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu> [2001.11.26 20:59:18-0900]:
> Dunno how to stop someone from sending mail.  Maybe an iptables rule
> that uses the --m owner --uid-owner switches to block port 25 to
> that user?  Course, if you're running potato, you've probably got a
> 2.2 kernel, so this isn't an option.

and then i'd simply use the sendmail binary (or whatever exim comes
with) and send mail as usual, because the connection to port 25 is then
established by the mail user and not by me. however, i am sure exim
can be configured to block mail coming from a specific user (which can
surely be faked). so in addition to an iptables rule, you will make it
really hard (but not impossible) to send mail.

why does the user not get mail access?

i wish this wish not to be granted!
                                        -- achilles (hofstadter's geb)