Re: XFree - "320x204" only

(phil@mail.brainlink.com) wrote:
>> I'm having trouble with Xfree86.  My display will only work in 320x204
>> resolution.  In addition it will not scroll when I bring the cursor to the
>> edge of the screen.  I have used xf86config and XF86Setup and worked
>> combining the two to create a XF86Config file.  Found my dot clock speed in
>> xf86config -probeonly and I have edited my mode lines. Using the modeline
>> calculator at: http://www.dkfz-heidelberg.de/spec/linux/modeline/.  My vert
>> and hsync lines are set correctly and my machine will not toggle using
>> cntl+alt+PlusKey on the numeric key pad.  Why is the linux god angry.
>
>Card?

This is a first generation compaq pentium (Deskpro 566 - SCSI drive array)
Windows identifies the Video card as a Matrox MGA Ultima Impression-PCI.
It has a meg or two of video mem.
Additionally:
When I switch from X to one of the virtual consoles, the text is shifted
one character to the right.  This means the command line starts in the last
place of the line above and then wraps down to the current line.  The
display does this with command line as well as in emacs,   is there any
fixing this?