Re: sieve (and cyrus) - doesn't work - how to troubleshoot?

Dave Carrigan wrote:

> Erik Steffl <steffl@bigfoot.com> writes:
>
> >   I thought that the problem might be 700 permissions on my home
> > directory so I changed it to 777 (the same for ~/.sieve) but it still
> > does not work (the message is not rejected).
>
> The mode 700 on your directory would definitely be a problem; mail
> delivery is run as cyrus, and cyrus wouldn't be able to stat files in
> that directory. However, mode 777 may also be a problem. It's quite
> possible that sieve refuses to run if the directory or .sieve file has
> too loose permissions, or the .sieve file isn't owned by the correct
> user. Try setting the directory to mode 755 and the .sieve file to 644.

  didn't help:

jojda:~>ls -ld /home/erik ~/.sieve
drwxr-xr-x  141 erik     erik         8192 Nov 26 01:43 /home/erik
-rw-r--r--    1 erik     erik          297 Nov 25 20:44
/home/erik/.sieve

  any ideas how to troubleshoot this? how to get an indication that
cyrus is at least considering the file ~/.sieve?

  thanks,

	erik